Monday, July 31, 2006

A Real Boy

I need someone to talk to and just anyone won't do. I grab my phone and scroll through my contacts. Name after name rolls by, but none makes me want to dial. Not that one or this one. They're girls. No girls allowed. Hmmmm, him? No, too boring. How about him? Too much trouble. I'm related to him, so that's a no. Him? Nah, we're just friends. Damn it, the list is exhausted and I can't find even one.

Sometimes when it's late I'd rather talk than sleep. I want to speak in hushed tones and say one thing but mean another. I want to giggle and blush. Some butterflies in my tummy would be nice too. I want to hear a well placed "what if" that I'll forget about in the morning. Nothing serious, just a hit to get me through the night. What I wouldn't give to know a real boy.

6 comments:

Sangindiva said...

Damn...

I wish I had a real boy too.
You really don't understand- or maybe you do... :)

Anonymous said...

Just a hit to get you through the night? I thought I was the crack, i mean man, addict!

Anonymous said...

Im a real live boy. Gepetto told me so!!!

Anonymous said...

Honey...I have a real boy and I don't get that kinda verbal satisfaction. The most he can offer is a snort and fart before he rolls over and goes to sleep...

...the moral of the story? Be careful what you wish for! =P

DivineLavender said...

Boy like that...and girlfriens like that are hard to come by too!

Citygirl said...

Real boys are all over the place. What you want is a REAL MAN.

Trust me.